Saturday, January 23, 2010

First date ever tips?

I am 23 years old and I recently met this woman online, who I haven't seen since elementary school. We chatted online for a few months and then she gave me her phone number. We spoke on the phone few times and she kept asking me of I wanted to meet up. The thing is, back in elementary school we were not really friends. In fact she ignored me. After her persistence and me having a few beers I agreed to meet up with her near a local cafe . Now that I am sober, I started to think WTF did I just do? I am 23 years old and never went out with a girl before. I am very, very shy (unless I have few drinks).





Any first date tips? I feel like I am going to screw up pretty badly. Of all the dudes in the world, why would this girl want to date me, lol. I look ok, but I am very shy.





Can anyone give me any first date tips?First date ever tips?
You may handle it better is you look at it as not a date, but just meeting up casually with someone you went to school with. This will help you when you do want to go out on a real date.





Think of subjects to talk about ahead of time: hobbies, family members, your old neighborhood, favorite movies, tv shows, bands, etc.





You are different people than you were in elementary school, and sometimes kids ';ignore'; someone they actually like. Just keep it cool and casual and who knows, you may really enjoy yourself. Good luck!First date ever tips?
You could always use the local cafe as a jumping off point. Grab a cup of coffee or whatever and then get moving! It's easier to open up (especially if you're shy) while not looking directly at the person. Go for a walk and do some window shopping or something. It's a good way to get to know someone better.
My advise is to not make too much of it. Go have a good time. I would limit yourself to one drink or you might do something you will later regret. Don't hope to have sex, or even to kiss or hold hands; if that happens in a very natural way, go for it, but don't press it. If you both have fun, then you can take it from there.





Have fun and respect her, be especially considerate and you will do well.





Good luck!
Pay attention to your date, ask about them, get them talking.


Relax, be honest about yourself.


Expect to have fun and keep it casual.


Leave the condoms at home (or at least in the glove compartment).
A lot of people change after high school.


You do not need a few drinks to get out of your shyness.


Don't put on a act when you meet this lady


Be your self.
First date? I see two people who haven't seen each other in a long time getting together for a chat. Act normal. Be yourself.
I just posted an article about being confident with women on my blog.





One big piece of advice, don't worry! Never go on a date and think about getting married and going to bed with her! Think about going to have fun and making a friend.





Set yourself a smaller goal than the ultimate girlfriend or wife goal you are really after. How about going on a date with the goal in mind to just have fun?





Most of all, act like you act around your friends. That's who you are. Don't put on a different you just for a date. She wont get to know you if you pretend.





Women care about personality, not looks! She wants to meet you, so you don't have to do anything crazy to impress her or make her interested in you. She already is, she wants more of you. Just give her a little bit more, not everything! And don't drink on a first date!





Last piece of advise. She will be just as nervous as you. So don't worry! Just have a nice cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment