Tuesday, January 19, 2010

As my delivery date gets close I am sure I am going to froget somethings, anyone have some tips for me?

What should I make sure is done around the house, what kind of groceries should I stock up on, things like that. Also, I am due on the 14th of June, what is a good outfit to bring baby home in, I don't want him/her to be too hot or too cold Thank you.As my delivery date gets close I am sure I am going to froget somethings, anyone have some tips for me?
Paper plates and cups! Get some of those frozen dinners that you can just pop in. Bottled water is a must, it easy and can be thrown away. Have all the dishes for the baby done, and all the laundry. If you breastfeed you will be laid up for a while, so get some sunflower seeds or jerky, the protien will help your breastmilk. As for the hospital, they will supply you with most of what you need. Don;t worry about panties, they'll get ruined, use the ones the hospital gives you, they work great for their purpose. My baby was born at the end of July, and I had him in a onsie and hat for his trip home, and he did sweat alot, I wouldn't use a hat unless you have a/c.





Have a camera, your hair stuff, any clothes you feel comfortable in, something not tight on the belly( I learned that the hard way) the hospital will give you slip proof socks so don't worry about that, but most importantly, buy a folder now for all the papers that you will be bringing home, it saves alot of headaches later on.As my delivery date gets close I am sure I am going to froget somethings, anyone have some tips for me?
It is possible for you to go into labor anywhere between the 37th and the 42nd week. Check the following:


Where is the baby going to sleep? Is the nursery ready?


Is the house clean? You will not want to be running around doing chores after the baby is born. Not only will you be sore, but you will want to spend as much time with the baby as possible.


Are there meals prepared for when you come home? You will not want to be cooking. It is a good idea to have a few meals already made, and frozen. That way you can spend all your time bonding with your new baby.


Do you have a carseat to bring the baby home.


Select Baby's ';going home'; clothes and pack them in a small bag marked ';Baby';. Most want a cute outfit--a jumper type and a blanket to wrap baby.





Select your ';going home'; clothes. Remember that you will lose approximately 10-12 pounds right after delivery. Do not expect to wear your pre-pregnancy clothes yet. Loose fitting, comfortableclothing will be best suited for you.
pack a bag now. make lists now while you're thinking about it.
I SUGGEST PACKING A BAG NOW, MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS PREPARED FOR THE BABY TO ARRIVE NOW, ALSO STOCK UP THINGS THAT'S EASY TO PREPARE B/C WHEN THE BABY COMES HOME THERE PROBABLY WON'T BE TO MUCH SPARE TIME NOT FOR THE FIRST MONTH OR TWO. IT ALWAYS HELPS TO BE OVERLY PREPARED SO YOU WON;T FORGET ANYTHING. **CONGRATULATIONS**
Do the same thing that Santa Claus does. Make a list and check it twice.





You might want to stock up on canned goods or frozen tv dinners, so that he can just run home, grab a bite, and then rush back to join you.
You are just having prebaby jitters. The fact that you are worrying about all this just means you are going to be over zealous in trying to do it all. Just relax %26amp; enjoy(?) this special event. You have already received some good suggestions.
If you want you can make certain foods that are easy to freeze and eat later such as casseroles , that way for the first few days of being home you wont have to worry about anything decent to eat and who ever is with you can just warm that stuff up . I read about this in a pregnancy book. Buy easy to prepare foods.


Just pack up whatever you think you will need inthe hospital for a couple of days, and as for the baby, bring a onsie outfit and blankets for him or her. The hopsital will have blankets too. That way you can wrap the baby up and she wont be cold inside the hospital.
I think a good idea is to carry around some notepaper, in your pocket or your bag and write down the things you need to do, as soon as you realise that you need to do them. You can cross them off as you go :)





I think layers would be a good thing for a newborn baby, that way you can adjust the clothing by putting on a jumper or taking it off, etc. The most comfortable thing for a baby to be brought home in is a onesie.





Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
How about remembering that your baby isn't going to be delivered, you are going to give birth to it.... Pet hate, sorry.
  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment