Thursday, January 21, 2010

My due date is tomorrow, any tips on inducing labour safely.?

Walking,walking %26amp; more walking.Safe %26amp; very effective ;)My due date is tomorrow, any tips on inducing labour safely.?
hi i'm due now too, i've been drinking raspberry leaf tea for 2 weeks, eaten 4 fresh pineapples, been bouncing on an exercise ball, had what feels like a million hot baths, walked miles, eaten curries, infact i've tried everything suggested other than sex and thats just because my b@stard of a fiance left me 2 weeks ago !





needless to say i'm still here barely able to reach the pc cos of my bump !!!





i hate it when people say it too, but baby will come when baby wants to come.....just try to enjoy your last few 'free' days..sleep in,watch girly films, get your nails done, treat yourself....





ps dont bother with the castor oil unless you enjoy sitting in your bathroom for long periods of time !!!





good luck and have a lovely xmas xxxMy due date is tomorrow, any tips on inducing labour safely.?
walking or having sex. good luck
fresh pineapple is suppose to kick start it! good luck!
Walking, taking a warm bath, a massage, eating spicy stuff and sex will help you induce labour.
walk, walk , and more walking. That's what helped me or swimming.
dont have sex?? I have no idea but i think i heard you shouldnt have sex...or maybe its just when your water has broken..not that you want to have sex then...sorry
Long walks with a friend/partner helps.





A good soak in a warm bath with nice smellies is good as well.
Walking around is good, another idea is to try and have sex. Semen can soften up your cervix, and get things going there. (Good luck if you try that one, because if the baby's dropped, it's probably NOT going to happen) ;-)





Relax and remember that the due date is just a general idea. Your body is not a machine, and the baby will come when the baby's ready to. Just enjoy the last few days of being pregnant--I know that's hard, but try to!
PUSH,PUSH,PUSH,PUSH,PUSH,PUSH......just kidding,just do what the doctors tell you,your not the first one to have a baby....


good luck he/she will be beautiful.
you can try walking about alot, ive heard this can encourage the baby to come, but i think the baby just comes when he/she is ready , good luck, all the best wishes x
I wouldn't try taking anything to make you go into labor. I'd just try sex and sex and sex and lots more sex...then take a VERY long walk and see what happens...many of the tips to induce labor such as castor oil are not safe and can cause serious harm to your baby you've waited this long to meet your precious baby just a few more days hopefully, and he'll be all yours forever. I know it's really hard at the end of your preg, when you feel bigger thna a house and just want this to be over but PLEASE be patient and don't try anything to stupid baby will come when he's ready to butsex and long walk can work miracles and at your next apt. ask you Dr. to strip your membranes some people say it hurts but it didn't for me at all it's jst like a harsh internal exam andcan put you into labor with in hours or a few days and sometimes not at all...but you could try. good luck and enjoy your last full nights of sleep.
I would not suggest castor oil, it may be unsafe.


Although walking can help, be careful not to tire yourself out, you need energy.





Ensure you are relaxed and your baby isn't getting stress signals that will prevent them from being born - if they think theres a crisis, they'll stay inside a few more weeks!





Eat very well and stay hydrated and warm.





A safe and effective way to start labour once you are full term, is to mix 10 drops (no more!) of clary sage essential oil with a few spoons of olive or almond oil. Pour this in a warm bath when it has stopped running, don;t add any other soaps etc, and have a long bath.





As labour begins, you can burn some clary sage with lavendar oil, mixed with water in an oil burner, to help the pain and make contractions more effective.





Drinking pure raspberry leaf tea twice a day and as often as you like in labour, will help, and takong caulophyllum homeopathic remedy 30c once a day.





If you end up 42 weeks and the hospital are going to induce you artificially, try homeopathic caulophyllum 200 tablet, but not now, best to wait a week or two and try the other ideas before doing this.
sexual intercourse,nipple stimulation,walking,pineapples,evening primrose oil,raspberry leaf tea and spicy foods
sex...alot of times a female orgasm helps to induce sex
put an elastic on your pinky maybe





to distract yourself from the pain
i heard that a hot bath and a bottle of gin works every time
A nice relaxing warm bath!!!!!
I had sex on my due date, my son was born two days later. I think sex is the only thing that works, orgasms make your womb contract and your husband/bf/partner's semen actually softens your cervix. The small womb contractions may help kick start you. Good luck and don't worry! Baby will make an appearance when he/she is good and ready.


GOOD LUCK and say happy birthday to your little one from me!
Ive heard the following are meant to help bring on labour...





Sex :)


A hot curry


A warm bath


Drinking castor oil (yuk)


Going for a long walk
apparently sex does the trick nine months on too!
Id leave it as long as you can but if not try castor oil. Also try and walk or have sex. The only other way i can think of is to get the midwife to sweep your membranes
DON'T Just let it happen. Just like with voting there is a percent that they can be off, same with due dates there is a two week flex time. Just keep in contact with your doctor. I, myself was born almost 3 weeks later than my due date. Give it time.
I know how you feel..my due date is Tuesday..im uncomfortable..and fed up but hey, baby cant stay in there forever!! This is my fourth pregnancy and have learnt that baby will come only when baby is ready!! and no two pregnancies are the same..well at least no two of mine!! I have resigned my self to the fact that baby will be ten days late, so if she turns up early its a bonus, have had a chat with my bump asking her not to show up Christmas day and that boxing day would be much more convenient!! Ha well knowing my luck...i will be in the middle of eating my turkey!! Anyway goodluck and have a nice Christmas..stay relaxed and things will happen soon enough!!





39 weeks 5 days pg
Go for a long walk...it worked for me!
Play with your breasts. This stimulates oxytocin, which is the hormone that causes the uterus to contract after labour. So it can start contractions.
I can share my experience---I went 4 days past my due date so they induced labor because they said I had no fluid left in there for the baby. They inserted a long skinny stick kinda thing into me that broke my water and also put me on pertossin (sp?). The stick thingy was no big deal, but the pertossin was a whole different thing. My contractions came very hard and fast. I still think it was the worst thing I have ever been thru. I'm not trying to scare you or make you worry as you will get thru it but you should be prepared. Once the baby is out it's like nothing ever happened. No after pain. Good Luck!!
the same as how you got where you are, SEX!


You can also walk.
If your due date is tomorrow you don't need to induce labor. It will come naturally. The healthiest thing for your baby is to try and do everything naturally.
A nice spicy curry, followed by a really warm bath. It has also been told that a spoonful of castor oil gets things going! You will probably find yourself waking up tomorrow with labour!! The last days are definately the worse and I do sympathise with you. I tried the curry and bath, and a day later was planning to get the castor oil, but my little one decided it was time!! Good luck and hope you have a very happy Xmas
Walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk and MORE walking....

No comments:

Post a Comment