Saturday, January 23, 2010

Okay, so the first date... any tips?

So I have a date lined up for next week. Obviously we don't know that much about each other but we're interested enough to go out for the evening. I've only known her for 3 days and its going to be my first proper date and I'm quite nervous. I know shes gone out with guys before and she says they have had no interests or personality - although we share similar music and movie tastes which I have taken as a good start. It's just when we meet up next week those first few minutes are going to be quite important and I will obviously be myself but I don't want to screw it up. Any hints or tips from any other guys, or girls for that matter from pervious dates?Okay, so the first date... any tips?
God I wish it were me instead of you. That first date, Butterflies in the belly, Scared that your going to look stupid, Worried about your breath and how you look, Wondering if your going to get a grope, Getting there to early and waiting around the corner so that you don't look to kean. Of course it's going to work out just don't rush it. Listen when she talks and laugh at the daft things that she says. Don't go overboard with the flattery but tell her that she smells nice. Yup my old mate I wish it were me.Okay, so the first date... any tips?
You have to accept that the first few minutes are probably going to feel a bit awkward. They will be awkward for her too and you mustn't panic or assume things are going badly if you do feel a bit like you've had a few uncomfortable silences. Just don't intellectualise things, be happy, enjoy it and above all DON'T PANIC!!
Just talk to her like you normally do. :)





And ask her questions about herself. ;) People love to talk about themseleves.





The only way you could screw things up is if you go too fast. ;) Don't expect sex or even a decent kiss for the first date. If you want this to be serious,t ake things slow.





~Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment